Microsoft Office 2016 version which is available to both home and business users, came right after Microsoft Office 2013. This version of Microsoft Office is available for Mac and PC in Office, Home, and Student versions. Apart from having the features available in Office 2013, the Office 2016 version has several added features like ribbon bars, better collaboration, text highlighter, coauthoring, enhanced version history, analyzing, editing, smart lookup, integration with Skype, etc.
If you wish to have Office 2016 then you will have to buy, download, install, and activate it. In order to do this, you will have to follow a series of steps.
You can buy Office 2016 either online or offline. If you purchase it online from www.office.com/setup, you will get a 25 digit product key on your registered email address. IF you purchase it offline, you will get a Office retail card which will have a 25 digits key mentioned in the backside. You should keep this activation key safe because it will be needed at the time of activation and while logging in to the Office account.
Office 2016 for Home
Office Setup for PC
- Open the Web browser and type www.office.com/setup in the URL bar.
- Visit the website and enter your login details.
- If you do not have a Microsoft account then create a new account by following on-screen instructions.
- Type your Office product key.
- Choose your subscription and select it.
- Click on the download button and start the downloading process.
- Now you will get a number of options for different versions and languages. Choose according to your preference and select it.
- While taking your browser type into consideration, run the downloaded setup.
- If you are using Internet Explorer or Edge, click on Run. If you are using Chrome then click Setup, and if you are using Mozilla Firefox then click on “Save File.”
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Once the installation process is successful, open any Microsoft Office 2016 application like Word or Excel.
- After opening the application, you will see a Microsoft Office activation wizard.
- Click on activate.
- If you are asked for the product key then enter the product key submitted earlier.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully in order to complete the activation.
Office Setup for Mac
- Go to the web browser and enter www.office.com/setup
- If you are not logged in already then click on “Sign in”
- Enter the sign in details of the account which is associated to the 2016 Home version of Office.
- If you have forgotten your account details then click on “forgot account”
- After signing in, go to the Office home page and select Install Office>Install.
- Office will start downloading.
- Follow the on screen prompts in order to complete the installation process.
- When the Office is fully downloaded, open Finder.
- Go to Download and open the Microsoft Office 2016 Installer.
- A window for installation will pop up. In the first screen click on Continue button to initiate the installation process.
- Read the software license agreement and click on continue.
- Select agree if you agree with the terms and conditions of the software license agreement.
- Select the Office installation and click on Continue.
- Check the disk space requirements and change the installation location if needed.
- Click on Install. If you want to install only some Office apps then click on the Customize button and check the programs that you want to install from the Office suite.
- Key in you login password for Mac and click on Install Software when the prompt comes.
- The software will now get installed. Once finished click on Close.
- In order to launch Office for Mac app and start the process for activation, go to the Launchpad icon in the dock.
- Click on Microsoft Word icon when all the apps are on a display.
- After launching Word, what’s New window will automatically come up.
- Click on get started to initiate the activation process.
- Your activation process is complete.
Office Setup 2016 for Business
Office Setup for PC
- Go to office.com/setup 2016 and sign in.
- Log in with the account linked to the Office 2016 for Business version.
- Select Install Office apps> Office 2016.
- Alternatively, you can visit www.office.com/setup
- Choose your language of preference from the drop-down list.
- Click Install.
- Follow the on screen instructions for installation.
- A User account control prompt will show up asking you if you allow this app to make changes to your device. Select Yes.
- Once the installation is done you will be prompted by Office. An animation will play on your screen which will show you where Office applications are located in your computer.
- Follow the Window instructions and click on Close.
- Open any one of the Office applications by double clicking on it.
- Click “Accept” and agree to the license terms.
- Follow the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard prompts to activate it if it doesn’t happen automatically.
Office Setup for Mac
- Go to office.com/setup.
- Sign in using your work account associated to Office 2016.
- In the Office home page, go to the install option which will be under Install Office 2016 for Mac.
- The Office suite installer package will start downloading.
- Go to finder and then go to Downloads
- Find Microsot_Office_2016_Installer.pkg and double click to open.
- Select Continue
- Read the software license agreement.
- Click on agree if you agree to the terms of the agreement.
- Choose how you wish to install Office 2016 and click Continue button.
- Type in your Mac login password and click on Install
- Click on Launchpad
- Select the Microsoft icon and open any one of its applications.
- Click on Get Started.
- In the new prompt, click on What’s new
- The activation process will start now.
- Enter the Office product key which you entered earlier if needed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions step by step and complete the activation process.
- Your Office 2016 for Business is good to go now.